Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Fall Couture 2012: Space Hookers

Fall Couture this season was an across the board NO.
Couture is usually the most exciting, thought provoking, and inspirational part of all things fashion.
This season everything looked like either a take on cheap "80's club wear, or a take on....the Golden Girls.
But how to best describe these collections??
AHA!
SPACE HOOKERS.


Versace



Chanel



Jean Paul Gaultier




Givenchy



Christian Dior



Valentino



Giambattista Valli



Alexis Mabeille

Holy hell. 



Elie Saab



Maison Martin Margiela



Armani Prive

Two For!



The biggest disappointments were Elie Saab and Valentino for me. 
The Versace collection was as gawdy as ever, but I enjoyed the patchwork dresses. 
Givenchy, who I always praise for couture, fell a little flat for me as well, however that house still produced some really intricate and labor intensive pieces, albeit not my favorites to look at. 

The one saving grace in all of this was a designer named Ulyanna Sergeenko, who I had never heard of before. So she gets her own post. 

In closing,
 WTF. 





No comments:

Post a Comment