Sunday, July 29, 2012

Ulyana Sergeenko: баснословный!!

Like little russian dolls. 
I just want to pick them up by their tiny waists and repose their fixed 45 degree angle arms.
And then spend hours trying to remove/ replace their fabulous shoes from permanently tippy-toed feet.
They are, after all, in a perfect proportion. 
Complete with shiny, plasticy legs and cute, round circles of painted on blush at their cheeks.  
Perfect, perfect. 














I love everything about this collection. I love the color choices, the weight of the fabrics. I love the coloringbook exaggerated simplicity of the shapes. Feminine, ULTRA feminine, despite military undertones. The shoes- be still, heart. 
Although I am semi-obsessed with all of these outfits, this new designer must have another angle to play for later collections. There can be the only one perfect doll russia. Fable. Because although it's totally amazing, I've seen enough. 
Leave it. 


I'm waiting to see what else she can deliver....

баснословный!!
Fabulous. 
Yes!

1 comment:

  1. What a great collection. You are so concise in your laconic dialect that nothing can be added.

    ReplyDelete